Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Old-Fashioned" at heart

I don't know where I got it from, but I am really just an old-fashioned, back to land, make it from scratch type gal. I wasn't always able to be like this, but I think that it's always been right at the center of my heart. Why am I drawn to the "old-fashioned" lifestyle? I'm not entirely sure. It could be that I lived on a sub-tropical island for a good portion of my adolescent life, or maybe it's the satisfaction that comes after a good day of old-fashioned gardening, slaving over the stove and scrubbing the floors. Then there's the realization that just because something is "advancing" it doesn't necessarily mean that it's better.

I'm not exactly sure why, but a lot of my journey as a wife and mother has been filled with finding ways to do things from scratch! It has been a long hard road, and I am just starting to get to the point where I can look back and actually see some meaningful accomplishment in this area. I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing! Gone are the days when dinner comes from a can and is heated up in the microwave! Now we eat dinners made with whole foods that are cooked from scratch. Recycling containers for using in unique ways, making homemade clesning products, gardening, making lots of homemade food items (bread, broths, tortillas, seasoning mixes, sausage, etc...)are some of my favorite hobbies!

I'm definitely still continuing to learn and grow in this lifestyle and loving every minute of it! Hopefully I'll be able to take the time over the next few weeks to share with you some of the hings that I've learned along the way, but until then... God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment